Monday, March 9, 2015

Seeds Planted

This weekend I was able to plant the seeds for my experiment.  I planted six seeds in one pot and six seeds in another.  I put one teaspoon of soil in each of the six compartments, the seed, and then two more teaspoons of soil.  In the control batch, I watered each seed with two tablespoons of tap water and the experimental seeds were watered with two tablespoons of the distilled water.
If the soil is still wet this afternoon I will not water them.  From now on I will only be watering each seed with one tablespoon of water.  Hopefully, some growth should be visible by the end of the week.
I did not put the stills out today because it is supposed to rain.  However, this afternoon is supposed to be hot and sunny, so I will put them out then.  This week I will continue to distill water, monitor the growth of the plants, and work on my proposal.
Planting the seeds
Seeds watered

No comments:

Post a Comment