Thursday, March 5, 2015

Start the project

This weekend I was successfully able to gather all the supplies for the senior project.  I have the bottles, the seeds and the saltwater.  I went to the beach on Sunday and filled up 3 5-gallon buckets and a cooler.  This is more than enough but I would rather have too much than too little.
Today I will finish setting up the project.  The solar stills will be completed and the bean seeds will be planted.  I have changed the design of the stills slightly.  Instead of soda cans I am using glass jars to collect the freshwater.  They are more stable and heavier than the cans.
Throughout the week I will begin to keep a journal of the experiment and take extra photos for my display.  I will also continue working on my proposal.  The purpose is all that is left to be finished.  My sources are also disorganized and I will have to make the proper citations for them in my paper.
Saltwater collected
Solar stills set up

No comments:

Post a Comment