Friday, February 27, 2015

Solar Still Built

This week I was successfully able to build the first of twelve solar stills.  This still was the first prototype.  I did not paint it because I wanted to see if the crude design would actually work.  I have it set up with freshwater is in the bottle and if it works the water should end up in the can.  I have put two cups of water in the still.  This morning I was going to test the still but the weather was cool and cloudy.  These conditions would make it hard to accurately test the productivity of the still, so I will hold off testing until Saturday.  If all goes well with testing, I will make the rest of the stills and set up the experiment so I can start growing the bean plants Monday.
As far as the project proposal I am approximately 60% done.  I have completely finished the Project Parameters & Budget section, and I have almost completed the Introduction.  All that would be left is to write the Purpose and the Bibliography.  By the end of the weekend, both should be completed.  After that I can focus on my experiment and do some fine tuning on the paper.
Still test delayed because of weather
Project Parameters ccompleted

No comments:

Post a Comment