Monday, April 20, 2015

A New Project

Over the weekend I researched many projects on instructables.com.  There were a few projects that interested me and I am debating which one to pursue.  One of the projects is a robotic camera dolly system.  This project creates a motorized camera system that moves along a track.  This project might be to complex and expensive for me since I have no experience with robotics.  Another idea would be the time lapse shield for gopro cameras.  There are fewer steps in this project but it might be too easy and I would probably finish it before the four week deadline.
A project that I thought would be doable in terms of difficulty and price would be a cable dolly.  It's a camera mounted on a wire and is controlled by remote control.  Building the frame is the bulk of the project which I can mostly handle myself.  The robotics part is minimal compared to other projects and I could always have Matt, Dylan, or Mr. Martin guide me along in the process.
I will know for sure which project I intend on doing by tomorrow and I will begin gathering my materials and developing my own timeline for completing it.
Radio controlled dolly system that I will probably choose as a project

Camera dolly system that is too expensive and will take too long

No comments:

Post a Comment