Monday, April 27, 2015

Got the Bike

I have brought in an old bike from home to use for parts of my unicycle.  I have two ideas of how to approach the project. One is to remove the front wheel and weld the seat to that spot and shift the pedals to the center of the frame. I hesitate using this method because the unicycle will be extremely tall making it hard to ride.  The other method I was considering was to take the front fork and place it on the back wheel.  I would then take the pedals and connect them to the wheel where the gear and chain are.  I will probably use this method because it will create a direct drive unicycle which is easy to ride.
So far I have only begun stripping down the bike of unnecessary parts.
Some stripped off parts

Old bike from home

No comments:

Post a Comment